Sunday, February 1, 2009

Excerpts from Elder Keables' recent letter...



Another transfer has come and gone and Jordan is still in the Leeds area. At the end of this transfer, he will have been in one area for 9 months. He did get a new companion, Elder Read and he is doing very well. He is thoroughly enjoying serving the people of England. Since there is large university in Leeds, he says he meets people from all over the world. Here is an excerpt from this week's letter. As always, he finds ways to make life fun!

"Well Elder Read is a good guy, I love being his companion. No, we didn’t know each other at BYU, but we know some of the same people, which is fun. I can already tell that this will be one of my favorite transfers. We just have so much fun together. The other day I zip-tied his arm to one of his belt loops, and we were out knocking doors so we had nothing to cut it with, so he just walked around with his left arm at his side for about 3 hours. Haha, it was pretty funny. He had a good laugh. In the end, he was pretty happy to get it off.
Also, while knocking the other day I had a pretty crazy experience. I knocked on this door and I said, “Hi, I’m Elder Keables and this is my friend Elder Read and………blah, blah, blah.” Well when I had finished my little speech, I noticed she was looking at my name badge. She said, “You’re the first person that I have met with the same last name as me.” I was shocked! “Your surname is Keables?” I said. And she said yes, and spelled the exact same, too. She was the first one I’ve met! Her full name was Rebecca Keables. I asked if she had any relatives in America and she said that she didn’t know. I set up an appointment for us to come back, but she had to cancel it, so I haven’t been able to meet with her since, but I thought that was really weird. We probably do have some kind of relatives in England. I think you should look in to that and let me know."

1 comment:

  1. That's called genealogy! Just get on new.familysearch.org and you might find some English connections when you enter in Curt's family info!

    ReplyDelete