Saturday, March 7, 2009

Being a Mother...Part 2

Last night I sat down and wrote a post that I’d been composing in my mind for a couple weeks. I wanted to share the things I have learned, and the joys I’ve experienced from being the mother of boys. Ironically, less than two hours later, I was so mad at Spencer, I wanted to string him up! It was 1:40am, and he still wasn’t home. Earlier that evening I sent him a text that read, “Please don’t stay out too late. I need my beauty sleep…..desperately.” He responded, “Ok, I won’t. I’m getting up early tomorrow.” What is it about young adults? I swear they are nocturnal! I lay in bed and reminded myself that both Whitney and Jordan lived away from home at the age of 18, and probably stayed out till 2 am or later all the time. “Go to sleep, Jeanette, he’s fine,” I told myself over and over. Of course, Curt was lying right next to me sleeping like a rock. “Doesn’t Spencer know I’m in charge of the youth snow trip tomorrow, and need to be rested?” I fumed. Eventually, I fell asleep. And eventually, he came home. Sigh. How many weekends till he leaves for his mission? The truth is, being a mother is no cakewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment